Wednesday 24th October 2018 6pm-9pm has been confirmed as Design Brighton’s official launch party. Design Brighton’s vision is to create a leading design week focused on the city’s rich built environment promoting Brighton’s global reputation as a city that has design and diversity at its core. The festival will celebrate and promote exceptional designers, producers and educator’s to provide a strong collaborative network for local businesses and communities.
Our School of Architecture and Design colleagues Frank O Sullivan and Duncan Baker Brown are both involved in taking forward the strategy for taking this initiative forward as one of the key aims of Design Brighton is to both attract students (and retain them beyond graduation). Collectively Design Brighton hopes to inspire young people to explore and seek out opportunities within design and producer’s industries and engage them to stay in the city after qualification. https://vimeo.com/278528568
The week-long festival, due to take place in October 2019, and the party on 24th October will be the official launch so watch this space and spread the word.
The festival will encompass five key areas:
• Local: promoting local talent, producers and resources for local developments supporting the localism and sustainability agenda
• Talent: highlighting the wealth of talent and resources available for local, national or international projects
• Move: positioning Brighton and the surrounding areas as fertile ground for new and existing businesses to thrive in a creative and diverse community
• Improve: analysing the sites and opportunities to improve Brighton’s living and working space
• Educate: profiling Brighton’s education experience and encouraging those in education to stay and work in the region’s creative and technical industries.
More details following soon, in the meantime please save the date and share the news.