It is nearly the start of term and a huge amount of hard work has been taking place on third floor of Mithras House enabling the shift towards remote working, teaching and blended learning. This has been no small task on practical courses such as ours. However we are all looking forward to seeing colleagues, returning students and of course meeting the new students.
Keeping everyone safe and well remains the highest priority and we are lucky to have such a dedicated team who have been redesigning and reorganising the spaces and studios.
The range of measures being taken at University level to make all our campuses Covid-secure include the following.
· Managing the numbers on campus at any one time through the timetabling of teaching and limiting access to facilities.
· Enabling social distancing by modifying teaching and other spaces, limiting access to library, catering and other facilities and introducing one-way systems.
· Requiring the wearing of face coverings in communal areas and libraries and permitting their use in teaching spaces. Under some circumstances we will be requiring students to wear face coverings in some teaching spaces.
· Enhanced hygiene and cleaning including hand sanitiser stations and enhanced cleaning regimes.
· Introducing track and trace arrangements where required, including in libraries and catering outlets.
In the School of Architecture and Design a huge thanks goes to Deputy Head, Glenn Longden Thurgood and the team who have worked so hard to make the third floor safe. We are looking forward to next week – whilst there will no doubt be unexpected challenges we know that the community spirit that defines our school will serve us well in the weeks ahead.